Whether you are seeking to get a commercial, industrial or retail property valued, valuations are an important and effective way to determine the worth of your property. Property values are influenced by a number of different variables, predominantly the economy and property characteristics.
Types and purposes of property valuations include, but are not limited to:
- Commercial, Industrial and Retail
- Financial reporting, Insurance and mortgage security purposes
- Rental assessments, determinations for landlords and tenants
- Tax and Statutory Purposes
- Development feasibility
- Discounted Cash Flow Analysis
Age, location and size are considered the most important features of a property and the value is generally determined using the following three methods:
- Income/Capitalisation – The conversion of the property’s sustainable net annual income to a lump sum by applying an appropriate yield to reflect the security of the income.
- Market/Direct Comparison – The applying of an improved rate to either the property land and/or building area based on sales of comparable property.
- Discounted Cash Flow – The present value of a properties cash inflows and outflows over time to reflect its investment value.
Put simply, with real estate it’s important to know the value of your property before you decide to sell, buy or even lease, so call McGees Brisbane today to find out more.