Last month we introduced you to the Sunshine Coast and the property market, as it stands, just north of Brisbane.
This edition, we wanted to take you further into that market and give you an update on some of the developments the Sunshine Coast is currently undergoing, with expectations that the projects will assist the economy to get back on its feet.
- Completion of the Bruce Highway upgrade: includes Caloundra Road to Sunshine Motorway - upgrading the Bruce Highway to six lanes between Caloundra road and the Sunshine Motorway, western service road and improved interchange arrangements. Also, Maroochydore Road and Mons Road Interchanges – upgrades to service roads east and west of the Bruce Highway between Maroochydore Road and Mons Road.
- Development of Australia’s only greenfield city centre within an existing urban area in Maroochydore
- Development of one of Australia’s largest health infrastructure precincts at the 17 hectare Health Precinct
- Expansion of the Sunshine Coast Airport - construction of a new north-west/south-east runway was completed in June; construction of associated infrastructure continues to progress and is scheduled for completion in late 2020.
- Caloundra South Priority Development Area to house around 50,000 people; covering 2310 hectares of land between the Bruce Highway to the west and Bells Creek road to the south
- Sippy Downs Town Centre, next to the University of the Sunshine Coast and Innovation Centre, includes a business and technology park and neighbouring residential area, which together comprise 17 parcels of land
- Sunshine Coast Mass Transit project - to provide a sleek and modern rapid transit system as the backbone of the region's future public transport network.