The Queensland Infrastructure Pipeline has a range of confirmed and unconfirmed projects in the works. With a key focus on jobs, and expanding our highways, making better roads hospitals and schools, the next four years will be all systems go for the state. Here are some of the confirmed projects in the pipeline.
- $12.6 billion Bruce Highway upgrade program aimed at improving safety, flood resilience and capacity along the length of the Bruce Highway between Brisbane and Cairns.
- $461 million Logan Hospital expansion. $176 million Cairns Convention Centre upgrade and expansion.
- $136 million Burdekin Falls Dam improvement works.
- $127.5 million Ipswich Hospital redevelopment. Stage 1A.
- Dutton Park’s Inner City South State Secondary College construction is expected to start by the end of 2019.
- $320m boost to youth detention centres.
A selection of other projects is still on the cards awaiting consideration from the state government. These include the $2.1b Brisbane Live 17,000 to 18,000 seat entertainment arena at Roma Street Parklands.
Also on the cards are the $247m Centenary Motorway Bridge upgrade of a new three-lane northbound bridge and rehabilitation works for the existing bridges. Other projects include:
- $90m-$100m Lake MacDonald dam improvement project on the Sunshine Coast.
- $70m south-west pipeline connecting the Beaudesert water supply zone with the south-east Queensland water grid,
- $450m-$750mToowoomba hospital redevelopment
- $430m Sunshine Motorway-Mooloolah River interchange
- $65m-$80m Port of Gladstone dredging to widen the Clinton channel to allow for larger ships.
- Ipswich extra primary school capacity
- Logan extra primary school capacity
- Extra special schooling capacity across SEQ
- Bundaberg hospital redevelopment
- Paradise Dam (Bundaberg)improvement project
- Somerset Dam improvement project
- Gold Coast rail line capacity improvement - Kuraby to Beenleigh
- Princess Alexandra hospital rehabilitation and sub-acute service renewal
- M1 pacific motorway –Daisy Hill to Loganholme
- M1 Pacific Motorway - Loganholme to Nerang (including Coomera connector)