In a recent edition of Media Muster, we shared with you a 3D video that has been created to show us the future of Brisbane – mapping out construction projects right across the city.
In case you missed it, here are some of the top projects coming up!
- Brisbane Metro: a $1.24 billion project that is set to include upgraded busway infrastructure, a new underground station at South Bank’s Cultural Centre, a new busway tunnel under Adelaide Street, and 60 new electric buses.
- Queens Wharf: a $3.6 billion project that includes four new hotels, 50 bars and restaurants, 2,000 apartments, public Skydeck and refurbishments of existing buildings.
- Waterfront Brisbane: a $2.1 billion project that includes two new towers, more retail space, and current site and building improvements. The project is located at Eagle Street Pier / Waterfront Place and will also have large public plazas and a wider Riverwalk.
- Brisbane Live: a $2 billion entertainment precinct that will include a 17,000 person entertainment arena complex to be built above the open-air Roma Street Rail Yards. It includes mixed-use buildings and will interconnect with the Cross River Rail.
- Cross River Rail: a $6.8 billion project that includes a 10.2km rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, construction of four new underground stations, and eight above-ground stations.
The video also highlights a huge range of other major and minor projects happening across Brisbane.
If you want to see the full video, you can access it via The Courier Mail website (subscription required). Simply CLICK HERE to go to the page.